Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wind of Change

Wednesday, March 4, 2009
#Crap, this must be the most uninspiring title I've ever posted#

This song originally composed by the (still) phenomenally talented Klaus Meine, the main vocalist of the band Scorpions, back in the year 1990. Appeared in their ablum Crazy World, My first time hearing it, was on the radio, way way back before elementary school. The melody itself was and still is spellbinding, with a certain kind of aura energy flowing, whenever it is played. A feelings of freedom to those who previously may not have. (It's like being high without the side effects of being high, trouble with the law with all the illegal stuff... ok, I'm bad with metaphors..)


Scorpions, I hate you for NOT being in Moscow when I'm here!! Argh!!

Wind of Change marks the end of the Cold War with the fall of the infamous Berlin Wall aka Iron Curtain, leading to a new political change within the Eastern Europe. Hence, the title of the song. Gorky Park is a famous landmark in Moscow, as it is the main amusement park for the city, and is situated along the Moskva river. Tho, I've yet to see one playing the balalaika.

For those out there, forget about the messy shambling political scene for a minute and enjoy this message of world peace..

P.S, Still hate them for not having a concert nearby!! (with cheaper concert tickets and better promo)
 
◄ © 2009 Vasily's Vineyard. Design by Pocket. All Right Reserved ►